The Pont de l’Âne is located within a greatly touristic area.
We can recommend :
- Numerous walks on pathways or through the fields, which you can start from our house. Wherever you decide to go you will surely hear cicadas singing in July and August as we are located in the heart of Provence.
- The Luberon region is only a 15 minute drive and there are many attractions and scenic landscapes to discover :
- For keen trekkers the following massifs will take your breath away :
- les Alpilles,
- les Dentelles de Montmirail,
- la montagne du Luberon,
- le Mont Ventoux,
- The Baux de Provence and St Remy de Provence are two landmarks of Provence, not to be missed.
Antiques lover should visit Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, the « capital » of antiques.
l’Isle sur la Sorgue
- There are numerous Provencal markets in the region, the nearest being Isle-sur-la-Sorgue’s which takes place on Sunday mornings.
Avignon is a must for any culture vulture. A walled city, Avignon houses a large number of museums, churches and the
Palais des Papes.
Its theatre is particularly known, especially in july, during the famous festival.
Close by in Caumont sur Durance is the exceptional site of the Jardin Romain !
It is an archeological garden discovered only a decade ago. This Garden covers an area of 12,000m2 and is also home to one of the largest ponds of the Gallo- roman era with a length of 65m.
- Lastly, why not go for a relaxing experience by the Med ? The sea is only around an hour’s drive away.